You've reached the internet home of New Orleans musician, photographer, and bon vivant Scott Myers. You've made it this far, so you deserve a reward for your hard work and travel. I hope you find something to entertain and inform you here - whether that be some tunes, transcriptions or articles on my music pages. If you'd like to get in touch, please drop me a line via the contact form. I've lived in New Orleans since 2007, having grown up in Northern Virginia and then spent a few years (2003-2007) traveling with the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey circus as a musician, and figuring out how to live on a moving train. Since meeting my beautiful wife Aline, a native or Rio De Janeiro, Brazil in 2003, Brazilian music has played a huge role in my life, and that continues to this day in New Orleans. You can catch my band Chegadão playing our unique blend of samba, forró and funk around the city and hear some Brazilian influence in the tunes I write for my organ trio Organica. I hold both a bachelors and masters degree in jazz studies from the University of New Orleans, where I had the great luck of studying with the New Orleans jazz guitar trifecta: Steve Masakowski, Brian Seeger and Hank Mackie.
- 2/13/16 - Wayne Maureau band at Dos Jefes, 10pm.
- 3/4/16 Chegadão at 30x90, 11pm, no cover.
- 3/12/16 Organica at Bombay Club, 8pm. With Wayne Maureau and Charlie Dennard.
- 3/19/16 Wayne Maureau band at the Bombay Club, 8pm
- 3/26/16 Scott Myers Trio at Casa Borrega, 7pm.
- 4/1/16 Chegadão at 30x90, 11pm, no cover.
- A new project of mine, a drum line/batucada called Mocotone debuted this Mardi Gras morning, with smashing success. Check out a video I made of it HERE
- Chegadão t-shirts are going to be available very soon for pre-order. Finalizing the design and finishing up the links this week.
- Upcoming g
- Recently recorded an album with my great friend Brent Rose. It is all original music written by Brent, and can purchased on Amazon.